TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria Videos thread... vol.3

View Single Post

Old Nov 27th, 2012, 12:06 AM   #569
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria Videos thread... vol.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
I don’t think anyone who’s watched and listened to Maria over the past few years can say she’s a cold person. In her early years, yes, I could see that. Even though I was always a fan of hers, I thought Maria was kind of a snobby brat in her teen years. Just based on a number of interviews I saw and read. However, that’s typical of many teenagers.

But she’s changed so much over the past several years. Maybe her time off from shoulder surgery gave her a new outlook on things or maybe it was just natural maturing from getting older. Whatever it was, she’s become a more relaxed and open person. She exudes more warmth and charm in interviews and has let her sense of humor shine through. And I think she even gets along better with other players, like Robson for example. Whether it’s offering her perspective on her charitable endeavors, sharing pictures of her vacations, talking about the state of women’s tennis, or doing something goofy like this video, she gives all her fans so many dimensions of herself. She is so thoughtful and insightful on a number of subjects now and isn’t guarded or scripted with her answers like so many other athletes. I love that about her.

I used to be all about Maria the tennis player. But I’ve become a bigger fan of Maria the person.

And I have to say I'm someone who's also always loved Maria's laugh.
Perhaps the "cold behavior" of the past was also just a defense mechanism because after winning Wimbledon it changed her life forever and it took her some time to get used to her new status. It's a lot to take in and get used to at that age (or any age really). And perhaps she initially just wanted to hit tennis balls and found the extra responsabilities that came with her success just boring. Kinda like, "Oh no, another one of those pain in the ass press conferences where some idiots will ask me the same silly questions for the millionth time."

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote