TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria Videos thread... vol.3

View Single Post

Old Nov 26th, 2012, 11:20 PM   #571
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria Videos thread... vol.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I don't know where that myth comes from that she doesn't feel comfortable around other people (not that I would hold that against her even if it was true) or even that she's bitchy. I don't see that. I think she's utterly charming and charismatic and communicates in a very relaxed manner with everyone.
I donít think anyone whoís watched and listened to Maria over the past few years can say sheís a cold person. In her early years, yes, I could see that. Even though I was always a fan of hers, I thought Maria was kind of a snobby brat in her teen years. Just based on a number of interviews I saw and read. However, thatís typical of many teenagers.

But sheís changed so much over the past several years. Maybe her time off from shoulder surgery gave her a new outlook on things or maybe it was just natural maturing from getting older. Whatever it was, sheís become a more relaxed and open person. She exudes more warmth and charm in interviews and has let her sense of humor shine through. And I think she even gets along better with other players, like Robson for example. Whether itís offering her perspective on her charitable endeavors, sharing pictures of her vacations, talking about the state of womenís tennis, or doing something goofy like this video, she gives all her fans so many dimensions of herself. She is so thoughtful and insightful on a number of subjects now and isnít guarded or scripted with her answers like so many other athletes. I love that about her.

I used to be all about Maria the tennis player. But Iíve become a bigger fan of Maria the person.

And I have to say I'm someone who's also always loved Maria's laugh.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote