TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Random Posts/miscellaneous/anything Petra :)

View Single Post

Old Nov 26th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #209
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Random Posts/miscellaneous/anything Petra :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Boldin's hit on Weddle that gave him concussion was clear 15 yards for unnecessary roughness, this penalty would end that game with Chargers win. Detroit lost to Texans because of few missed penalties too but Lions is dumb dirty team, so in a way they deserved it, on the other hand Chargers were robbed, tho you could argue that why they don't get it done in OT
You've got your terminology wrong;unnecessary roughness is when someone makes a violent hit that is irrelevant to the flow of action.You could try to argue that Boldin's block was an illegal hit...which is also usually a personal foul depending on the context,but it wasn't as 'Clear' to me as you claim it was.It was also at least partly Weddle's fault for not anticipating the block,though I'll grant you that it MAY have violated the rules on contact to the head.Still,it wasn't so painfully obvious that the whole world saw it right away and,if the officials missed it in live action,they can't issue such a penalty on review even if they're checking the play for other issues,such as ball possession or yard placement,and happen to see the hit.We'll see if the commish's office fines Boldin,but I haven't heard any complaints from SD that they were 'robbed' by Boldin's hit....They DID have some doubts whether Rice had the 1st down or not,yet they admitted that the replay wasn't 100% conclusive to the contrary

Edit: The game wouldn't end on that penalty,either,because it wasn't the last play of the game.Since Rice got the first down,SD would have had to accept the penalty to negate the play...and it would've been Ravens' ball,still 4th down,15 yards from the infraction

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Latinoamerica, where we have extended holiday vacations

Last edited by bruce goose : Nov 26th, 2012 at 07:39 PM.
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote