TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

View Single Post

Old Nov 24th, 2012, 03:40 PM   #783
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

It's confirmed that I'm going to the Australian Open 2013 So excited!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
you're Australian? I didn't even realise!

Pharmacy is okay if you like it. plenty of people enjoy it but plenty of people also loathe it at usyd, from each pharm cohort, maybe only 25-35% of first year students end up finishing the course I think cos they all drop it. Idk working in a pharmacy is really easy and relaxed, the only annoying part about it is running a business with all the paperwork and expenses ontop of all the paperwork for just being a pharmacist already.

owning your own pharmacy will get you far, like I know someone who owns a pretty quiet pharmacy but she and her family goes on holidays like 4-5 times a year and only works like 3.5 days a week. not to mention she's the only one bringing money into her family of 5 people so yeah, the money is INSANELY good but a lot of work at the same time (then again what isn't)

you should definitely enjoy it if you like science orientated stuff, but remember that there's also the business aspect of it and interactions with customers as well. there's heaps of responsiblities that comes with being a pharmacist because patients tend to trust pharmacists more than other GPs and so there's also the pressure of needing to always be up to date with the latest drugs and being able to answer any questions they might ask.

sorry for typing so much, i just wanted to give you heads up if you have any queries about pharmacy you can always ask me and I can try my best to answer you with my extremely limited knowledge!

but yeap I'm still stumped with what I want to do with my life, or what uni to go to. I really wanna study away from home but the thought of it is a bit scary. I don't know how to 100% support myself yet ahhhhh fuark. Even then, I'm already researching on which area I want to move to after I finish uni i'm making my own life a clusterfuck but grrr soooo not happy living here or with what I'm studying.

I hope things work out for you too!
Aww well thanks for your advice! It's ok that you typed out a lot I really appreciate it, I'll let you know if I have any other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
OMG You are Australian? From Perth? Didn't know that

Even attended the same uni I graduated from UWA at the end of 2010
Wow I knew you were Australian but had no idea you were from Perth. And the same uni too? You graduated the year before I started though

That makes 3 of us here from Perth