TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers

View Single Post

Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 10:41 PM   #164
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2013-14 verbals, high interest & transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
^Saw that on a Greek site. Well, I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad. It's good that she got a full scholarship and seems happy with the decision. The Greek article also said that she was offered to play at some top 25 schools but turned them down for Houston. And that with the economy in Greece there are bad conditions so she wants to play at Houston first and then try the pros. I'm surprised because I thought she definitely could've gone pro since she's already been doing well in some ITFs but I think this way might pay off in the long run. The only thing is that now we probably won't see her playing any ITFs for a few years

She should've gone to a much better team, but then again if she wasn't doing well financially and they gave her a full ride, then good for her

Kordolaimi and Vogasari now for the Cougars. I wanna transfer there so I can watch them all the time
I am pretty sure Patrick Sullivan had a lot to do with recruiting Vogasari. Sullivan recruited Elena Kordolaimi last year, while starting his 2nd year at Stephen F. Austin. When Patrick accepted the Houston position in June, Kordolaimi transferred to Houston. I am sure it will be an easier adjustment for Vogasari with Kordolaimi already there.

Although Houston is not nationally ranked, Sullivan did post a 43-10 record in his two season at Stephen F. Austin and last year made NCAA tournament, reaching a high rank of #45. Sullivan has aspirations to make Houston a contender but I doubt that is going to happen anytime soon. I am sure adding Vogasari will help but he inherited a roster that includes 8 recruits from the former head coach, John Severance, of which, only 2 are seniors this year.

The good news is that I will be able to see them both play. Go Cougers!!!
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote