TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 07:04 AM   #4546
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Bruce, I hear your president wants to change the name of your country to (drumroll)... Mexico!
Will assume you know the back story but,for those who DON'T,our OFFICIAL name since independence has been the United States of Mexico.Our founding fathers thought it'd be a good idea to emulate our border-sharers to the north to encourage us on a path toward a unified,democratic republic.Sadly,this cosmetic copycat job did little to stem rampant corruption for almost two centuries...nor have we been terribly 'united'.In fact,many neutral observers feel that we are the WORST in Latin America in re factionalism

Virtually NO ONE uses the official name,though;you'll hear it when a politician gets sworn in,and you'll see it on government paperwork and in legislation....but you'll NEVER hear any regular people use it...we merely say 'Mexico',of course.As I'm not a mind reader,I'm not gonna judge whether Calderon simply wants to end his presidency on a sincere,patriotic note...or if he's just seeking to get his name in the historical annals by doing something very distinct.The initial naming agenda worked awfully but,if this next symbolic move can somehow persuade us to NOT copy the value system--or utter lack thereof--in the U.S.,then I'm all in favor of it

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!