TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2013.

View Single Post

Old Nov 20th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #83
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future
Re: Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreiter View Post
I agree with this completely. Maria needs to summon the patience she displays on clay courts and use it on hard courts as well, especially on the slower surfaces like at the AO and YEC. If she just commits to rallies and doesn't try finishing a point after 2-3 shots, she will have better chances against Vika who will eventually be overwhelmed by Maria's consistent heavy shots.
She was doing this inadvertently at Wimbly this year and we all know what happened there - rolling the ball on faster courts isn't going to do her any favors, she has to have depth AND pace. If anything, I'd like to see her taking the ball earlier again, which was something she did immaculately in her 04-08 era.
effedcamel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote