TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2013.

View Single Post

Old Nov 20th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #82
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2013.

I agree with the "motivation" part. Now that Maria has reached the top again with the French and getting to number one briefly, it'll be interesting to see how much hunger and desire Maria has off the court. Will she be willing to put her body through all the necessary strain and effort in practice in order to have the game capable of winning and contending consistently once again in 2013. And will she be open-minded enough to learn new tactics and add a few wrinkles to her game.

It was easy for the 2009-2011 Maria to remain determined because their was a clear goal to reach for. Proving to herself and all the doubters that she could still win a Slam and get to number one. Now that she did that and with all the other off-court responsibilities she continues to juggle, it's natural to wonder if the fire to crush her opponents will be as bright as ever.

And that's the one thing I admire about Serena more than anything. No matter how much she's won, no matter how giant the gulf is between her and the rest, she still wants to destroy and humiliate everyone in her path. And win everything.

Maria has to WANT it. Badly.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote