TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Evert American ITF-G4 [Singles Champ - Maria Shishkina]

View Single Post

Old Nov 20th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #43
country flag jusluvinjrtennis

jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Evert American ITF-G4 [Singles Champ - Maria Shishkina]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakan View Post
Height is one issue and it definitely is a problem but having crappy draws is a big one too, especially because she usually gives the eventual winners more troubles than other players (obviously not the case the with Evert event). Shishkina is rather short too..

Yes you are 100% Correct!

The days of needing to be 6ft are gone. Smaller players are now giving the bigger players a hard time.
Sonya especially. I have always been amazed at her wins over bigger players.
And your right Shishkina is short too. Problem with Shishkina is going to be that she plays so
defensively. Works now.. but later? Sonya actually plays a more aggressive game than Shishkina.
I like the more aggressive play. I think it lends better to the pro level.
jusluvinjrtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote