TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Margaret Osborne Dupont thread

View Single Post

Old Nov 20th, 2012, 02:23 PM   #53
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Margaret Osborne Dupont thread

Hi Nancy!

Good to hear from you as always. Was Margaret as good a tactician and stratagist as I've heard from others? Louise Brough gave me the impression that Dupont was very even tempered, cool, and encouraging-exactly what many of us want in a doubles partner or coach. How did you find her?

The courts were still gorgeous when I saw them in July. I wanted to go inside the house, but it is only open a couple times a year now. The small pic below shows Margaret and Louise stepping down into the terraced courts.

The layout of the courts is still the same, just yards from the house. Now the courts are har-tru. There are many pictures of Margaret and Willy near the courts that briefly tell their story and celebrate their roles-hers in tennis and his in horse racing.

If anyone gets the chance to visit Virginia I can also recommend a visit to Montpelier. Montpelier was the home of James Madison, 4th US President. It was later the home of Willy Dupont parents, and thus Willy's childhood home. It has been done over to look as it did in Madison's day, but there is a small gallery with many pictures of Willy, his sister Marion (who married actor Randolph Scott) and their horses. In fact there were 100's of horse pictures on the walls.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0586.jpg (30.7 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Rollo : Nov 20th, 2012 at 02:39 PM.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote