TennisForum.com - View Single Post - How are the European protests/strikes going?

View Single Post

Old Nov 19th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #39
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How are the European protests/strikes going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippityHop View Post
The part of the post that said there will always be a "roof over my head, food and education". From what I'm seeing on the news, Greece in particular, is having trouble providing these things to its citizens. Now if my information is incorrect, please enlighten me.

Governments get their money from people who pay taxes. If not enough people are paying taxes to support all the "free" stuff, that "free" stuff goes away. I guess the government could always print money. But then the money has no value and the country is still up the creek.
people in europe don't get much for free. what we do have is a safety net, meaning that if someone fails to earn enough, loses a job, has an accident which disables them for life and such they will still get support from the state and that their children will be able to get enough education to have an equal chance to succeed as most others (the rich will always be in a better position, though). that is definitely not under threat anywhere in europe and i don't see how it could be. people in greece and other countries are up in arms for losing far less than that.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote