TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2012-13 NFL Thread

View Single Post

Old Nov 19th, 2012, 02:53 AM   #26
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012-13 NFL Thread

Crazy game at Houston today. Matt Schaub through for 527 yards and 5 TDs, completing 43 of 55 passes, tied 2nd most for both yards and completions in a game. Andre Johnson (14-273-1) and rookie Justin Blackmon (7-236-1) marked the first time ever two opposing receivers had 200 yard games.
Although the new OT rule had been in place since last season, I think it was the first time ever that both teams scored in an NFL game (correct me if I'm wrong), and naturally the first 9 point OT for a team. Of course, the game could have easily ended in regulation: after trailing 20-34 early in the 4th, Schaub rallied the Texans back and Shayne Graham seemingly won it with a 42 yard FG, but that was called back for a false start, and he missed badly from 47 in the second try.
Lastly, what made this a game other than the Texans' usually great defence falling asleep, was Gabbert being knocked out of it early on Henne is erratic, but he's capable of an occasional big game (remember last year's opener vs Brady when he threw for 400 and Brady threw for 516?). Gabbert is just a bust.

Luck had an excellent start in Foxborough, but the rest of the way was a rough lesson for the rookie, turning it over 4 times including a couple of pick-sixes. Pats had a 2007 type game, scoring at will.
(edit: I've just read that Gronk broke his forearm and will be out for 4 to 6 weeks, but if he'll be okay for the playoffs they'll get over it.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
Wow, the Panthers have got to be PISSED! I stopped watching during the 3rd quarter due to disgust.
That was 3 weeks ago, but this year's Panthers can lose any lead no matter how much time is left on the clock ~searching for choking smiley~
That being said, props to Freeman and Tampa, and Doug Martin is really bursting into the scene. Best RB rookie season since AP in '07.

The Cards picked off Ryan 5 times, most of them deep in his own territory, and still found a way to lose (last time a QB won a game with 0 TDs and five picks: 1967). Told you their 4-0 start was a fluke and they won't be near the playoffs.

And last but not least, the Jets won a game and Sanchez was way over 50% completion percentage. Not exactly clear how much worse could have he been in previous weeks in order for the Pope to start a game Saying that getting Tebow only for some trickery was stupid would be an understatement, and it worked wonders for Sanchez confidence, not that he was exactly elite to begin with.
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote