TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Margaret Osborne Dupont thread

View Single Post

Old Nov 19th, 2012, 01:01 AM   #52
country flag pepetaco

pepetaco has disabled reputation
Re: Margaret Osborne Dupont

Hi all..it's been awhile since i've been on here...was going down memory lane about Margaret today with my mom as Margaret was my Wightman Cup Captain for most of the 60's...when i played Fed Cup in Philly in 62 or 63 Bunny Vosters was the Captain and for the week before we played we practiced at Bellvue Hall on the grass courts..there were three grass courts that were gorgeous! Margaret played with us some doubles which was very special..my mom and i had lunch with Margaret inside the house overlooking the Potomac..it was spectacular! Also right after Margaret and William got divorced or were getting divorced the Wightman Cup Team stayed at Bellvue Hall to practice even though Margaret wasn't there...we ate dinner every evening with William duPont in the incredible dining room..the dining room chairs had beautiful needlepoint seats ..each was a bit different and each was done by a player such as Alice Marble etc...mr duPont would talk about Margaret and always referred to her as "my Margaret"..was sad!! Looking back it was an incredible experience..don't remember much about the practice that year but BJ and i shared a room on the second floor...Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
pepetaco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote