TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Evert American ITF-G4 [Singles Champ - Maria Shishkina]

View Single Post

Old Nov 18th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #41
country flag jj74

jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Evert American ITF-G4 [Singles Champ - Maria Shishkina]

Well, to be completly fair, Payola is not exactly a tower either (and his father isn't tall either). Payola didn't play any itf tournament yet, but that's not rare for a spanish player (well she was in the acceptance list of one, but she withdrew, it was the following week to the european masters u14, and she withdrew there too, so i suppose she was injured).
Our best U12 (wich is one of the best europeans her age) is Paula Arias Manjón and she is very small too, they did some studies with her and they think she will reach 5'3.

It seems there's a good bunch of top juniors that are not tall. Obviously being tall is an advantage, but with 5'3 or 5'4 is enough to be competitive if you have good skills and you are a fighter.

Small players are used since very young to the disadvantages of their height, generally it takes more time to reach their goals, but they get used to fight so if they reach a good level they are usually tough mentally (of course there are exceptions like my beloved CSN)
jj74 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote