TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Why has Tennis been a European race dominated Sport?

View Single Post

Old Nov 18th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #147
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why has Tennis been a White dominated Sport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
i know what you mean but still if we can have players like qureshi and jaziri, imagine what would have happened had they taken initiatives and spread this sport......

they run behind doha because they are thrown with millions by those sheiks......they go to abu dhabi and qatar for the same reason......

running after nations whichever throw money......what "higher section" behavior is that and what "supremacy" are we talking about?

how about protecting its identity and building a bigger base to survive in all world conditions? they can learn a lot from FIFA......

i am blaming the system for throwing a "white" outlook to the sport and totally failing to bring a bigger global appeal to tennis......who's with me?
Well, it's harder for an individual sport to gain popularity and to hold on to it once it's there than for a team sport because every country, every city and in some cases even every village has a home team. For an individual sport like tennis it's popularity depends to a large degree on whether there are any great home players around. In Belgium tennis was very popular when Clijsters and Henin were playing. But many of them weren't real tennis fans - they were Clijsters and Henin fans. As soon as they were gone, so was the audience (or most of them anyway). Now they go nuts over Colsaerts, the golfer. Since he was selected for the Ryder cup a few months ago I've seen more articles about golf than in the previous twenty years combined. And I think the situation is more or less the same in most countries. As individual sports go however I think that tennis has a substantial and loyal fanbase.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote