TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Evert American ITF-G4 [Singles Champ - Maria Shishkina]

View Single Post

Old Nov 18th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #38
country flag jj74

jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Evert American ITF-G4 [Singles Champ - Maria Shishkina]

That's what happens in all this type of tournaments. Two years ago Sofia Kenin was semifinalist at Eddie Herr U12 (lost to Jokic), next week she was finalist in the american cup (very tight match against Bryzgalova). Bryzgalova make the final at the orange bowl but Kenin lost in first round against Payola (then whe won the consolation draw in my memory don't fail), with an easier draw she probably would made at least qtr.

Eddie Herr and Orange Bowl have incredible wide draws, in U18 at least the seeds are clear, but in other cathegories is different, there are players with very easy draws and first matches that can be semifinals or even the final.

I think Maria is in a similar position than Tornado (Tornado has a higher ranking but she played a lot more than Maria), and Tornado doesn't seem to be competitive yet against the top junior players, so i expect basically the same from Maria.
I think they can win a couple of rounds (even some more with an easy draw) but at Eddie Herr and Orange Bowl there are a lot of top players, so don't expect more of them right now.

Belinda Bencic is at a different level right now, but she didn't get deep in the draws of the GS yet (when she has wins against top level players) so i think we'll have to wait for a girl born in 1998 get to the final stages of a big tournament
jj74 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote