TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Lesley Turner

Thread: Lesley Turner
View Single Post

Old Nov 17th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #71
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lesley Turner

Lesley looks just as classy as I imagined Craig-what a treat for you and us vicariously!

And LOL at Judy, who always did have a funny story to tell. Recently I was reading one from 1963 letter writen to World Tennis. Judy was playing Maria Bueno in the semis of the Pacific Coast event. Several bad calls went against both players. Judy replayed some in her favor but found Maria did not return the favor!

Buenio was also footfaulting outrageously. When Tegart asked about it the lineswoman admitted Maria was footfaulted. Asked why she didn't call it her answer was, "Oh, I couldn't do that. It might upset her concentration."

Tegart added, "NOW I think that was pretty funny, but I didn't feel that way at the time!"

P.S. Bueno was called for footfaults in the final vs Hard-and both women threw points so badly they were booed by the crowd.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote