TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Peak Venus VS Peak Maria

View Single Post

Old Nov 16th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #29
country flag forehand27

forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Peak Venus VS Peak Maria

So Venus should be faulted for owning one of the greatest players of the last 15 years? 2003 Henin was still a totally new Henin from 2001-2002 where I could see downplaying Venus's wins against, and yes the overall head to head is deceptive and a bit of a joke for that reason. However the fact the new and improved Henin starting what would be her 2nd best year ever in 2003 went down that easily to Venus on slow hard courts, shows just how well Venus was playing that event.

Are you disputing Venus's extremely high level of play at the 2003 Australian Open? Did you watch the event. I would say it is atleast on par with Maria at the 2008 Australian Open, which was also truly outstanding on Maria's part.
forehand27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote