TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2000 Venus vs 2012 Serena

View Single Post

Old Nov 16th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #19
country flag forehand27

forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2000 Venus vs 2012 Serena

This is a good question. As outstanding as 2012 Serena still is, I cant think for a moment she is as good an overall player as the 2002 Serena, even if some aspects of her game and play are as good or better than ever today (serve, point construction). Despite reaching 4 slam finals in a row there are also many who feel 2000 Venus was slightly better than 2002 Venus, atleast when she had it going. So this would be a tough one. It would depend alot on the mental aspect. I definitely feel the mental aspect held Venus back vs Serena in 2002-2003, even if Serena was the better player then, Venus still could have done better. In this newly presented matchup if Venus has it mentally to deal with taking on her sister she has a good shot, but that is a big if. Too big an if which is why I still went with 2012 Serena.
forehand27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote