TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Peak Venus VS Peak Maria

View Single Post

Old Nov 16th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #21
country flag forehand27

forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Peak Venus VS Peak Maria

The tennis Venus played at the 2003 Australian Open would have won any other Australian Open in the decade after that year probably. Sadly for her peakRena was playing at the same time, and even though Serena wasnt playing her best that event and Venus should have beaten her there, Serena owned Venus mentally almost as badly as she owns Maria mentally today at that point. Peak Venus didnt emerge much on Australian hard courts, the only times were the 2003 Australian Open and 2000 Olympics, but either would be very hard and nearly impossible for anyone not named Serena to beat.

As for all other hard courts the tennis Venus has played to win her U.S Open and Miami titles, and to dominate the pre U.S Open hard court summers of 99-2002, especialy 2000 and 2001, speaks for itself, and is superior to anything Maria could manage. Venus's U.S Open record is vastly superior to Maria's in every sense, so is her Miami record, and Maria never dominated the summer hard court seasons like Venus did a few years, so there should be no discussion between the two on any type of hard court outside the slower bouncy Australian hard courts, unless one believes Maria is an especialy bad matchup for Venus.

Lastly clay. I could see Maria being given that one, but Venus never produced her peak clay tennis at Roland Garros unfortunately. Watch Venus of Rome 1999, Hamburg 1999, Charleston 2004, Charleston 2004, and say Maria would win easily, I doubt it.

Still trying to figure out if the poster I quoted saying grass is 50/50 between peak Maria and peak Venus though, as that is especialy rich.
forehand27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote