TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2000 Venus vs 2012 Serena

View Single Post

Old Nov 16th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #18
country flag madeaismad

madeaismad is a name known to all madeaismad is a name known to all madeaismad is a name known to all madeaismad is a name known to all madeaismad is a name known to all madeaismad is a name known to all madeaismad is a name known to all madeaismad is a name known to all madeaismad is a name known to all madeaismad is a name known to all madeaismad is a name known to all
Re: 2000 Venus vs 2012 Serena

In 2000, Venus displayed what COULD go down as the best show of movement on a tennis court for female tennis player ever. I think based on her movement alone, she would beat Serena of 2012, straight sets, but something like 6-4, 7-5. Although, it's interesting because I just watched some highlights of Venus playing at Wimbledon in 2007, and from the match she had with Maria onwards, Venus was moving and hitting the ball better than ever. Serves consistently in the 115+ range, groundstrokes flying through the court with unbelievable pace, and her movement was SCARY. I think comparing that Venus to Serena of 2012 or even 2002 would be an interesting discussion.
madeaismad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote