TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Peak Henin vs peak Venus

View Single Post

Old Nov 16th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #41
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Peak Henin vs peak Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by forehand27 View Post
ROTFL at your grass, clay, and carpet scores. Baby Henin played peak Venus at Wimbledon in 2001 and 2002 and won a set in one of them, and got 5 games in the other. As for clay peak Venus was drubbed by no name Henin 6-4, 6-1 the first time they played on any surface. Indoors Venus winning for the loss of a mere 5 games you think. Henin actualy won back to back WTA Championships, while Venus won her only one ever after Henin had retired. Venus in no way has a tremendous record on indoor or carpet courts. The only accurate one you listed is probably hard courts, it would be something like that I agree.
Venus at her peak on grass is unbeatable, even Serena would lose there or make it competitive. In 2007 Henin said she was afraid to play Venus in the final, so she gave this excuse because of her loss to Bartoli. Maybe 6-0 6-2 would be too one sided, but it would definetely be a straight sets win for Venus. Carpet is almost as fast as grass, so Venus would win easily there too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj74 View Post
I don't think so.

A young Henin played Venus in a Wimbledon final and it was a three set match (yes I know Venus trashed her in the third).

And in clay Henin was the best player of this era by far
Venus won some important titles on red clay, she would lose, but it would be on three sets. I don´t think peak Henin would take peak Venus to three sets on grass...

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote