TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Chris Evert Thread

View Single Post

Old Nov 16th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #2233
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chris Evert Thread

Quote:
Not sure whether you have seen this, but Chris and Jimmy playing mixed in 83. Great interview and acceptance speech, but what was Chris thinking with her hair?!
LOL-it WAS the 1980s. Doesn't that forgive everything to do with hair? There is a funny commercial on TV in the US that perfectly fits:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHFk21GOM5k

I'm going from 20-30 year old memories here, but this event was a great holdover from the 1970s. Spaulding's threw a lot of money at a mixed event as early as about 1975 or 76, and the idea stuck around on and off until the mid 80s.

Usually the event was in Texas, Houston or Dallas I think, and sometime in the calendar like December-January when the tours were not in full swing.

Impressed by the crowd size. Of course when you put Evert and Connors on the same court you got a good crowd!
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote