TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Strengths and weaknesses of Top 10

View Single Post

Old Nov 16th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #63
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Strengths and Weaknesses of Top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTtErFrEnA View Post
if serena always let bad misses get to her she'd never win 15 slams she's won playing like utter crap and lost playing like utter crap...all top players get there because they have the ability to shove bad misses to the back burner and make that winning shot when it counts
I was mostly talking about earlier rounds of the tournaments, especially during the last 2 seasons and I'd say that she's less likely to win ugly in early rounds than Maria. Her career is very long and it's silly to say that she always loses the matches when she plays bad. I'll check what I posted, if I ever wrote "always" or something similar, my brain was probably off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTtErFrEnA View Post
one thing i've heard commentators and her past rivals say about her is her ability to MAKE the same shots she was missing all match long...serena vents her frustration (nothing new) more while martha seems more like "ice queen", but that outward appearance clearly doesn't show the mental strain going on inside
I haven't heard commentators saying it, because our commentators are awful, but I did notice that. I wanted to write it when someone mentioned that she doesn't try to change anything. I think it's a huge belief in her own shots. So, if some of her shots doesn't work, she won't get insecure or try to avoid it, she'll continue hitting it until it starts working. Novak does the same thing, if his bh dtl is off for a set and a half, he won't stop hitting it, it's his best shot and he's sure it's gonna start working sooner or later. That's how he makes those comebacks. It's a great attitude and it's a message for the opponent. But I wasn't talking about situations when one of her shots doesn't work, it's probably the best to say that she gets frustrated when her whole game is streaky, when she can't find her rhythm during the whole match (which doesn't happen often), while Maria wins tons of such matches. and that's the only part of her mentality) that is weaker than Maria's. As for the rest, it's not even close.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote