TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria's best match in 2012?

View Single Post

Old Nov 15th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #19
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria's best match in 2012?

Stuttgart final for sure, in terms of level of play.

That said, her Australian Open run still holds special value for me, even if it ended on a sour note. I really had doubts this time last year if she still had Grand Slam-winning tennis left in her, and it was that tournament that convinced me she was going to get that 4th Slam eventually. And even though on paper I thought ahead of her SF against Kvitova that she had a decent shot, it had been so long since she got that kind of scalp at a Slam that I don't think I truly believed in my heart until I saw it happen with my own eyes. So in some ways, even if that SF wasn't her best performance of the year (although I do think the match is underrated quality-wise, Kvitova played a shitty last game but up til then the 3rd set was great imo), in some ways it has the most sentimental value for me.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote