TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Historical WTA doubles team rankings

View Single Post

Old Nov 15th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #19
country flag elegos7

elegos7 is a jewel in the rough elegos7 is a jewel in the rough elegos7 is a jewel in the rough elegos7 is a jewel in the rough elegos7 is a jewel in the rough elegos7 is a jewel in the rough elegos7 is a jewel in the rough elegos7 is a jewel in the rough elegos7 is a jewel in the rough elegos7 is a jewel in the rough elegos7 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Historical WTA doubles team rankings

Hi Uranium!

You beat me to publishing the 1996 to 1998 team rankings. I have just calculated them as well. They are practically the same, but I think in 1997 Conchita Martinez/Patricia Tarabini collected 1730 points. And of course in 1998 Lindsay Davenport/Natasha Zvereva should be the first with 3381 points.

And interestingly, if we take into account the year-ending championships as well, in 1996 Lindsay Davenport/Mary Joe Fernandez overtake Meredith McGrath/Larisa Neiland for the first place. There is a great deal a confusion whether the year-ending championships should also modify the team rankings or not. I think they should, but most of our data reflects the standings before the championships.
Thanks again for your (and Rollo's) great help.
elegos7 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote