TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Lesley Turner

Thread: Lesley Turner
View Single Post

Old Nov 15th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #62
tennisvideos
Love the Legends of Tennis

tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lesley Turner

Well tomorrow is a big day for me. I have been lucky to be attending the Lesley Turner tribute which is being held along with a Tennis Legends day with players like Ken Rosewall, Judy Tegart, Lesley and others competing. I am providing the footage for the day - I put together a selection of 4 of her matches plus a great intro which highlights some of her main career wins and some footage of her practising while Harry Hopman talks about her strokes.

As a thank you they have given me a free day (the cost is normally close to $400!!) plus I get to play the first match on the same court as Lesley - not sure if I will be with her or an opponent, but either way it is an honour and a thrill!

I will try and get some pics and share any details.

The beautiful thing for me is that we are going to surprise Lesley with the footage. But we did tell her daughter Michelle Bowrey who apparently cried when she found out we had video footage of her mum in her prime. And Lesley has never seen footage from her past either! So it should be a wonderful day when Lesley gets to see all this plus she hears what the guest speakers have to say about her great career. Anyway, best get to bed so I wake up ready and refreshed for the big day.
60s/70s: Evonne Goolagong .. Francoise Durr .. Chris Evert .. Margaret Court .. Nancy Richey .. Maria Bueno .. Billie-Jean King .. Lesley Turner .. Virginia Wade .. Ken Rosewall .. Rod Laver .. Bjorn Borg ..
Entertainers: .. Diana Ross .. Dionne Warwick .. Shirley Bassey .. Randy Crawford .. Burt Bacharach .. ABBA .. Woody Allen .. Maggie Smith .. Gena Rowlands .. Judy Davis .. Heath Ledger .. Little Britain ..
Inspiration: .. Jeshua Ben Josepth .. Conversations with God .. Abraham with Esther & Jerry Hicks .. P'taah ..
tennisvideos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote