TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ranking 2012-3

Thread: Ranking 2012-3
View Single Post

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 10:46 PM   #23
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all
Re: Ranking 2012-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Now I'm not sure

Dunno what the ranking of Gibbs and Capra will be.
Aside from that, the only top 10 player who underperformed is #9 Bektas. #10 Macfarlane had 5 wins against ranked opponents(3 of them top 20), not a bad result.

And Lao is #11, who is WAATC Semi finalist, and def. #4 Sanchez-Quintanar at NIIC.
Gibbs and Capra will be unranked because they will have no matches on the computer [well, Gibbs will have 1, but 1 unranked win is not nearly enough to earn a ranking].

Without considering schools that neglect to upload their scores, etc., I expect the initial singles ranking to look something like this:

1) Anderson [UCLA]
2) Sanchez-Quintanar [TAMU]
3) Oyen [FLA]
4) Susanyi [CAL]
5) Embree [FLA]
6) Schutting [CAL]
7) Elbaba [UVA]
8) Hardebeck [STAN]
9) Macfarlane [ALA]
10) Mar [DUKE]
11) Herring [UGA]
12) Suarez-Malaguti [UNC]
13) Niedermayerova [KAN ST]
14) Lao [USC]
15) Santamaria [USC]
16) Scandalis [USC]
17) Burgic [BAY]
18) Josifoska [UNLV]
19) Guarachi [ALA]
20) Kowase [UGA]
21) Tere-Apisah [GA ST]
22) D. Collins [FLA]
23) Price [UNC]
24) Boren [TENN]
25) Szekely [TENN]

The freshman will be somewhat under-ranked in general because the rankings are spun twice the first week. Expect them to move back up (Elbaba and Hardebeck into the top 5, in particular) in the 2nd ranking release of the spring.

Last edited by CTSEMT : Nov 14th, 2012 at 11:15 PM.
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote