TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Your Top 5 Youngsters to Watch in 2013

View Single Post

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #86
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your Top 5 Youngsters to Watch in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
Um...she's actually not. Robson is January 1994, Bouchard is Febuary 1994. But I get what you're saying.

And for the record I never said Robson wasn't talented or anything, but FFS, we don't need to hear about how great she is in every damn thread, especially in one which specifically asked to not include her.
I'm with you on that. Robson has established herself on the tour, as it was always pretty obvious she would. But now that she is on the tour she is just another WTA player working to improve like everyone else ranked at that level. I think sometimes it is clear a player has what it takes to make it onto the WTA tour, and Robson was just such a player. But one NEVER knows what a player will do once they are on the tour. She might have a big star studded career or she might struggle to get into the top 30. She might have a good year and then falter and fall back as a lot of players do or she might improve year on year. But nothing she has or hasn't done in the past is going to help or hinder her now. Players don't get brownie points for getting to the top 100 early.