TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Your Top 5 Youngsters to Watch in 2013

View Single Post

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #67
country flag jj74

jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your Top 5 Youngsters to Watch in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Alison van Uytvanck and Anna Karolina Schmiedlova

Are you just saying that because they are 18? And you don't trust Vekic and Barty because they are 16? Even though they are much better players, if they met they would thrash those 2 for sure...
Well, the thread is the youngsters to watch next year, not who is going to have a better future in tennis.

I really like Barty, but i don't think next year will be her year. She is small, and she probably will need some time to cause trouble to top players.

We have examples, and Michelle is very obvious, that having good results very soon, doesn't mean anything at all. Michelle has impressive results at a very young age and right now a lot of players her age are doing better.

I'm pretty sure that there are a good bunch of players flying under the radar who will make an impact. In fact we can see that with Kontaveitt or Vekic. They were good but they were not the top players of their age when they were 14.

And by the way, i don't think the term hype is really useful to any of the players we are talking about. All this players are hyped because they have good results, one can think that some of them don't have enough game to break into the top 100, but they are not Alexus Jones or even worse Jan Kristian Silva, who were hyped based on nothing.
Silva was the future of american male tennis, and with 11 years he is completely miss on action, and he is not the only case.
This is a tennis forum so it's normal that a young girl with impressive results on juniors or itfs will be mentioned. It's not the same that a 6 year old being hyped on the press
jj74 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote