TennisForum.com - View Single Post - WTA Announces 2012 Player Award Nominees

View Single Post

Old Nov 13th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #45
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WTA Announces 2012 Player Award Nominees

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
Right so how can Kerber's "improvement" whereas, in actuality, it's not an improvement since she made USO SF .... compare to Errani's breakout season? Kerber already broke out in 2011.

Errani is the improved award winner.
This, really.
I'm totally unbiased of course. But Sara's breakthrough and rise in the rankings has been so much more surprising than Kerbers. And her improvement has been much larger. She won 40 places in singles AND 25 places in doubles.

For me:
1) WTA's Player of the Year: Serena Williams (should be a lock)
2) Comeback Player of the Year: Yaroslava Shvedova (but I think Venus will get it)
3) Most Improved Player of the Year: Sara Errani (see above)
4) Newcomer of the Year: Heather Watson (higher ranked than Robson, and unlike Stephens she won a title. Bertens doesn't stand a chance here, unfortunately)
5) Team of the Year (doubles): Errani/Vinci (2 Slam1, 1 final)

"After so many years so much work and everything, this is the moment I always waiting for, no? And it's coming when you doesn't expect and everything ...
For me it was something I was waiting since long time, and finally I have a good trophy in my hands."

Last edited by Zamboni : Nov 13th, 2012 at 11:42 AM.
Zamboni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote