TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

View Single Post

Old Nov 13th, 2012, 04:22 AM   #4750
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Memory serves me right, Caro played and won an ITF event i Odense in 2008 (Odense is Caroline's place of birth). So it has been done before, but I'd say it's HIGHLY unlikely, she'll play and ITF event again, even in Odense or Farum

I'm personally finding it sad, it was not possible to sustain a WTA tournament in Denmark. It was actually off to a good start. In 2010, when the tournament was televised on terrestrial tv (TV2) in prime time, it attracted viewing numbers of up to 20% of the entire population.
Actually,I wasn't looking for Caroline to PLAY the event--just do some promo for it,perhaps while wearing some gorgeous,inspiring outfit.

Though I'm certainly no sort of authority on Denmark,it looked as if the stakes were a bit lower with the 125Ks in Taipei and India,so such an event would probably be do-able for the Danes with the right organizational set-up

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Fare thee well, Li
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!