TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Which would you rather have? Career Slam or 5 titles of the same slam?

View Single Post

Old Nov 12th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #92
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which would you rather have? Career Slam or 5 titles of the same slam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbenga View Post
Not really if thats all you have. And thats all Sharapova have going for her so far.

Open era CGS:
Margaret Court, Billie Jean King, Chris Evert, Martina Navratilova, Steffi Graf, Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova

Anyone can see Sharapova as the odd one out. She doesn't quite fit.
I suspect she doesn't give a damn about whether she fits or not She has a CGS and you can only weep and bang your head against the wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
Lulz.

This reminds me of the time they were taking pride in the Silver Career Slam.
I am still proud of that. Losing to the best player of the decade is no reason to be ashamed of. But you wouldn't understand that and I don't think any Serena fan will. It's the part of cheering for an inferior player and Serena fans have it much easier in all the comparisons. Besides it's not like Maria lost the Career Golden Slam to Kudryavtseva or other mug
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote