TennisForum.com - View Single Post - WTA Announces 2012 Player Award Nominees

View Single Post

Old Nov 12th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #39
country flag Z1988

Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold
Re: WTA Announces 2012 Player Award Nominees

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
Right so how can Kerber's "improvement" whereas, in actuality, it's not an improvement since she made USO SF .... compare to Errani's breakout season? Kerber already broke out in 2011.

Errani is the improved award winner.
Well, Kerber backed up her USO SF appearance with a consistent 2012, ending the year in the top 5, and a slew of "firsts" (first titles (one is Premier), first Premier 5 level final, first quarterfinals and semifinals here and there in big tourneys, some upsets against the big girls, etc). That is certainly improvement.

Errani certainly has had her improvement as well though and she can also win the award easily, especially if her doubles run this year is counted too. It just depends on how the committee decides.

But in my personal opinion, Kerber has improved more than Errani, simply based on her relatively more consistent run throughout the year. I personally prefer 'backing-up the breakout' than the 'breakout' itself
Z1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote