TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Which would you rather have? Career Slam or 5 titles of the same slam?

View Single Post

Old Nov 11th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #62
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which would you rather have? Career Slam or 5 titles of the same slam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
absolutely wrong, because player who could win 4 Slams on clay may suck on hard and grass and considered to be a clay warm and not taken seriously anywhere except Roland Garros ....

Actually better player is the one who can win more titles, win on all surfaces , be competitive on all Majors. Lindsay Davenport was a much better player than Kuerten , same for Capriati

That's my point

If in your opinion Kuerten is better than these 2 , nobody should take your posts serious anymore
I never said that because you can't compare ATP to WTA players, Linsday has other intangibles that solidify her career and her place in HOF.

Your point only works when you count "being competitive" stuff, I'd rather be considered one of the greatest grass players with few Wimbledon titles behind my belt then "be competitive all year"

BTW, You can't diminish Gustavo's achievements because he proved that he's great clay player and only one who managed to beat Agassi and Sampras on route to the title, it's like beating Martina and Steffi to get YEC title in WTA
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote