TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Which would you rather have? Career Slam or 5 titles of the same slam?

View Single Post

Old Nov 11th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #42
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which would you rather have? Career Slam or 5 titles of the same slam?

there are no players who won 5 titles of the same Slam and nothing more..... the closest one is Kuerten who with his 3 RG is inferiour to Capriati and Davenport in terms of achievements (to my mind)

players with great achievements just on one venue as usual have very weak W/L % , might have been considered as mugs outside their best surface.... It diminishes their achievements

for instance
players with CGS or at least 3 Slams on diff surfaces
Agassi 76%
Vilas 76.5%
Becker 77%
Edberg 75%
Wilander 72%
women
Capriati 71%
Hingis 80,5
Sharapova 80,4%
Davenport 79,5

and Kuerten with his just 64,7%..... it's less than Hewitt's , Rafter's, Kafelnikov's and other 2 Slam winners ratio. I rate Gustavo as a member of this group of player , not in the group of Ashe, Vilas , Courier

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote