TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Nov 9th, 2012, 11:28 PM   #4524
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Well, I guess that it varies from person to person. My best guess is that most Canadians use the American spelling, that is generally how most people that I know spell their words. I tend to use the British way just to differentiate myself a little bit from my American cousins.

I can't give you the answer but it would be interesting to know how much, if any, variation there is from province to province. The Atlantic/Maritime provinces (where I am from) may have stronger ties to England than the rest of the country does and as a consequence I suspect that the farther west you go the less common the British spelling is used but that is just a guess.
Thank you for your honest attempt at the best answer;obviously,you have a big country and it'd be difficult to speak for everyone even if you'd had the opportunity to travel all across it

As for your 'cousins' reference,those are the sort of cousins whom I'd only admit to having if I were FORCED to do so...you know,like a cousin who left his wife and kids to elope with a 13-year-old...or a cousin who had a compulsion to masturbate in crowded,public places...or a cousin who was arrested for selling narcotics on the grounds of an elementary school............I think you catch my drift

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Fare thee well, Li
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!