TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Nov 9th, 2012, 05:44 PM   #4523
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Someone asked me and I didn't know the answer,so i'm turning to you:

We see occasional examples where the pinche gringos bastardos spell words a litle differently,such as "color" without the 'u',or "realise" with a 'z',but do you Canadians--Quebecois excluded,of course--always spell your words exactly as the Brits do,or are there differences sometimes??
Well, I guess that it varies from person to person. My best guess is that most Canadians use the American spelling, that is generally how most people that I know spell their words. I tend to use the British way just to differentiate myself a little bit from my American cousins.

I can't give you the answer but it would be interesting to know how much, if any, variation there is from province to province. The Atlantic/Maritime provinces (where I am from) may have stronger ties to England than the rest of the country does and as a consequence I suspect that the farther west you go the less common the British spelling is used but that is just a guess.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!