TennisForum.com - View Single Post - WTA influence on Prize Money?: ATP votes down 800k Prize Money Increase at IW

View Single Post

Old Nov 9th, 2012, 07:13 AM   #21
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WTA influence on Prize Money?: ATP votes down 800k Prize Money Increase at IW

Quote:
Originally Posted by الحاجّ مالك View Post
What tournament is this?
Indian Wells (Premier Mandartory)

By the way , according to Stakhovski ATP denied this offer from IW not because of the sum of money and this huge intimidating(for others) prize fund , but more because this increase was to be distributed among earlier rounds , with no increase to the winner and low increase to semi/quarterfinalists....

It looks even more worse now

Quote:
Sergiy Stakhovsky ‏@Stako_tennis

Hard to understand the ATP decision on Indian Wells ...don't allow tournament to increase their prize money is absurd..

@TennisReporters the distribution was not by the book..but it was not this year ether ..next year would be significant increase in 1st rds..

In the ATP Rulebook there is a %key for PM distribution for every TIER of Tournaments..
It seems to me that he means that ATP denied offer for significant increase in 1st-4thR prize money in IW with slight increase in QF/SF and no increase in F/W , just because it's against their rules......

That's how ATP takes care about "struggling for a living" not top50 players..... Nice from them

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player

Last edited by NashaMasha : Nov 9th, 2012 at 07:19 AM.
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote