TennisForum.com - View Single Post - What are your favourite museums/art galleries?

View Single Post

Old Nov 8th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #16
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What are your favourite museums/art galleries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin Lin View Post
No Forbidden City?
I love the Forbidden City but I wouldn't call it a museum although I know there are many displays there. Also, though I love it, due to its immense size and layout, it's hard to see it all in one visit. I do like museums/tourist attractions that are well laid out to make my visits easier! Though I can't really complain about the Forbidden City, can I!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsonice View Post
Out of curiosity, why don't you like the National Palace in Taipei?

I love the Met and MoMA. Guggenheim, not so much.
I also like the Getty because it makes for a wonderful day trip. I find the Denver Art Museum pretty underrated.

ETA: Smithsonian holds a special place in my heart for being the first museum I fell in love with.
Expectations. I read that it was one of the top 5 museums in the world and I was so excited about seeing what was on offer....pottery, more pottery, ah more pottery...wonder what's in here - pottery! I think having a diverse collection can be important! I'm not a big fan of pottery, even Greek pottery (I studied classical studies in school and at university) I did love the huge Buddha statues there big plus for me in a museum is being allowed to take pictures!! The MET, Louvre and British Museums all allow you to take pics so I think once you have your flash off it should be okay in most cases.

Anyway, nice list. Thanks for contributing!

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote