TennisForum.com - View Single Post - WTA influence on Prize Money?: ATP votes down 800k Prize Money Increase at IW

View Single Post

Old Nov 8th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #19
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WTA influence on Prize Money?: ATP votes down 800k Prize Money Increase at IW

Quote:
The ATP Tour Board of Directors passed on a proposal by the BNP Paribas Open at Indian Wells to increase its prize money by at least $800,000, in which most of the increase would be distributed among winners of the first three rounds. Tournament CEO Raymond Moore told the Desert Sun that the event offered to increase prize money by 29 percent or $1.6 million ($800,000 would also go to WTA players), but the ATP board voted 3-3, with CEO Brad Drewett abstaining
.A source told TENNIS.com that the tournament representatives on the ATP Board voted against the increase, with the player representatives voting for it.
ATP - What a disgrace........

by the way
Quote:
It is unclear how much Indian Wells proposed to give players in the first three rounds of 2013, but Moore said there would be small raises for the quarterfinalists and semifinalists, but no increases for the runner-up or champion. The ATP Players Council has been advocating for a greater share of prize money to go to lower-rounds winners.
I just don't get it , IW wanted to do what everybody wants : to increase reward for earlier rounds , but even this offer denied

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote