TennisForum.com - View Single Post - WTA influence on Prize Money?: ATP votes down 800k Prize Money Increase at IW

View Single Post

Old Nov 8th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #18
country flag PhilePhile

PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future
Re: WTA influence on Prize Money?: ATP votes down 800k Prize Money Increase at IW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post

Ellison: Yeah, sure. Love those guys. Heck, Nadal even stayed at one of my homes last year, remember? Nice kid, but left water bottles under all the chairs. Anyway, the tennis and players and the money -- let me guess: Someone asked where to send the thank-you note? Tell 'em not to worry about it.

Ellison: Call up Tim Finchem for me, would you? Pretty sure my money is good with the PGA Tour guys.

I think Ellison wants something we don't know and somebody (IMG ? ) is denying him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeJJ View Post
And people are worried about Beijing trying to become the fifth slam

China Open is run/presented by IMG + CCTV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobito View Post
Just to play Devil's advocate here for a moment, what exactly is the motive behind Ellison's offer to increase prize money by $800K? ...

Indian Wells - $5.495 million
Miami - $3.973M
Madrid - $3.940M
Shanghai - 3.531M
Rome - $3.096M
Paris - $3.096M
Monte Carlo - $3.096M
Cincinnatti - $2.825M
Rogers Cup - $2.649M

If Ellison is trying to raise Indian Wells' status above that of other Masters Series events, are the ATP really being unreasonable in stopping that from happening.

Ellison knew what he got into and knew where the ATP's interest lies. He is just being a prick because he was denied of something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhingis View Post
ATP idiots, are the players involved in this kind of negotiation?
It's not about the players, the ATP/WTA, tennis, sports, business, etc .... it's all about Ellison .
PhilePhile is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote