TennisForum.com - View Single Post - What are your favourite museums/art galleries?

View Single Post

Old Nov 8th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #12
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What are your favourite museums/art galleries?

Agree with "any museum at all" above. Some of the most interesting museums I have been to I have found by accident and haven't really showcased anything considered "culturally significant".

That said, I find it's best to get a taste of as wide a variety of cultures as possible when visiting museums. So my top list would be according to "culture-spread".

#1 The British Museum in London for British culture and Classical early Western culture. It also has some of the most diverse and high-profile exhibitions from all over the globe.
#2 The Lourve and Uffizi tied for European/Pre-Modern-Western culture
#3 The National History Museum in Beijing for Chinese Culture
#4 The National History Museum in Lima for Pre-Coloumbian South American Culture
#5 The Egyptian Antiquities Museum in Cairo for Ancient Egypt and the Ancient Near East (yes, Egypt is being treated more and more by academics as part of the sphere of ancient near-eastern cultural dynamics and it is a lot more accessible than the museums in Iran and Iraq to say the least)
#6 The National Museum of India in Delhi for Indian culture.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote