TennisForum.com - View Single Post - What are your favourite museums/art galleries?

View Single Post

Old Nov 8th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #10
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What are your favourite museums/art galleries?

You can't get a better deal in the world than the British Museum...exceptional pieces of world history from all around the world for free (sacking the Greeks and Egyptians, though )

Apart from the BM my three favourite museums are:

*Louisiana Museum of Modern Art north of Copenhaghen, in the middle of the forest with works exhibited outdoors next to the cliffs
*Dalí Museum in Figueres, north of Barcelona and hometown of the surrealist genious. Totally insane museum
*Imperial War Museum, London. Probably the most interesting museum I have ever visited. So much information and really well documented. Spent like 6 hours there A must for history lovers. And free, as well.

On another note, Auschwitz-Birkenau museums in Poland were something surreal. Truly shocking and once in a life experience. You have to be really strong not too shed a tear or two there
I mean, a room full of the original shoes the prisoners left before entering "the shower", another room full of their original hair, another one full of their suitcases...
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote