TennisForum.com - View Single Post - What are your favourite museums/art galleries?

View Single Post

Old Nov 7th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #3
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What are your favourite museums/art galleries?

The Pergamon is absolutely stunning, and after 7 visits to Berlin, it's still the only museum I've been to there. I went to the C/O gallery when they had the Helmut Newton exhibit. It was nice.

My favorite is still the MET here in NYC. I love that I can go for $1 and just spend my day walking around.

Kelvingrove in Glasgow is pretty stellar. The national gallery in Dublin, while super tiny, is a great place to check out if you want to take 45 minutes off the day and just see some great art. I was there like three weeks ago. It's nice.

LOVE the Leopold in Vienna. Egon Schiele is one of my most favorite, favorite artists of all time so I always make a point to go there. (I've only been twice; the first time, I almost cried.)

Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna is also magnificent. And it's about to get drop-dead gorgeous in the spring when they open up a new wing dedicated to Hapsburg treasures!!

The Vatican Museum is great; the Van Gogh museum is awesome; I love all three of the big museums in Madrid (though I don't like the city): Thyssens, Prado, Reina Sofia. I also really like Serralves in Porto. The National Gallery in both Oslo and Zurich are great, too. I love going there for the works of Munch and Chagall, respectively.
shap_half is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote