TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

View Single Post

Old Nov 7th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #189
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall. View Post
I don't get people who say all politicians are the same.
None is good enough, all have several flaws, with that I agree. But there are many and important differences.
Obama is very far from being an ideal leader but I believe that the fact neither of the two candidates is good enough doesn't mean one can't be a lot worse (see Romney).
Yay for Obama's win.
Well, the problem with politicians is that they always promise more than they can deliver. And they know this beforehand because in a democracy you inevitably need to compromise. Therefore I think it would be better that a politician would just say that he or she will defend this or that side of any given issue. You can promise that with integrity, but you can't promise that you will be able to realize it because much of it depends on whether you can find enough partners from the other party to push it through.

So I think that (in this case) Obama really is trying hard to deliver, but he can't - and nobody will ever, be able to deliver a 100% because on the other side of the isle there are people who probably want the exact opposite of what he wants. So either nothing happens or you come out somewhere in the middle. And if nothing happens, nothing happens, and if you come out somewhere in the middle you realize at least something, but it's still a watered down version of your original idea.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!