TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

View Single Post

Old Nov 7th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #174
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
no I know exactly what he means about being 'lonely' as per say. ironically being surrounded by SO MANY people is really lonely at times, especially because my university isn't on a campus, instead it's spread all across london so i've never really experienced the true uni life that my brother is living now in newcastle. i stayed in halls my first year and then lived with two people off my course and now live with noone from my course but i think it's a good thing to progress as a person, especially concerning friends. but my course is strange, everyones lovely but everyones formed their niche little cliches and im truly only friends with about 3 people in my class. ofc i have many other friends dotted around uni and some who are working in the industry.

dependant on what course you want to do i think it will shape your lifestyle at university. if you're doing something techy/academic at a main uni then you'll have lots of hall mates and hang around a lot. but if like me, your doing a fashion based/art course then it's quite competitive and really the only true friends you'll have will be just a handful.
Yeah I think the temptation in such a big city would be to make 'friends' with everyone but never have any true friends. Although I can't personally see that happening with me, I only have around 5 proper friends. I'm not one to become BFFs with everyone although I'll always be civil, you really have to do something on me for me to dislike you or behave hostile towards you. IDK I think most people really only have about 5 true friends when they are older, and I mean friends that they could trust their life with.
Sure I get along with everyone in school and all but I realise there's only about 2 of them I'll keep in contact with once I leave.
Somehow I can imagine the art students would be bitchy. Even with English Lit. I know the amount of ego people place on their work.
Although I'd say a lot of the Med ones are very cliquey and snobbish too.

That's what I find confusing about the London uni's though, the way they're dotted all over the place. It would be great if they were just like a typical campus.