TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!!

View Single Post

Old Nov 5th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #3811
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana's little posse: Introduction/Off-topic thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
I had no idea novelas were so big in Brazil. Something about such novelas must just "gel" with the average Brazilian psyche. Is that particular class full of a lot of girls for some reason? Were the guys also going to watch the novela? I find it hard to imagine guys being drawn to such things, but then it might be different in Brazil. Soap operas are popular with many girls and women in all countries though, as far as I know.
I'd say my class is 50-50 men and women. Telenovelas, especially the ones airing at 21h are popular with everyone, male or female. But maybe a lot of the guys just took the chance to get the night free. Avenida Brasil, which was this particular novela, was considered a phenomenon though.. not all are this popular. It was not a romance.. it was a story of vengeance.. romances were only an afterthought.. something like american TV series Revenge.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!