TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off season

Thread: Off season
View Single Post

Old Nov 5th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #11
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off season

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
I have no idea whether she really said that but if she does decide to be stronger, I hope she doesn't make the mistake of thinking that just by eating a bit more it will happen. It might happen for a young guy who basically has natural steroids due to testosterone etc, but it won't happen for a woman.

The only way to know you are getting stronger is to make it measurable. You have to lift and increase the amount of weight you are able to lift. For women in particular, they tend not to add muscle if they just eat, they add fat instead. Well, it can be part of a woman's curvy and soft charm, but it doesn't help them as an athlete. If she can lift 1 kg more per week during the offseason that would be a good goal. Figure out how much weight she can move in each basic exercise and make sure it improves every week, probably lifting 2-3 times a week would be good, together with training for her cardiovascular system on off days (interval training, cycling, running).
She must hire a fitness coach + visit a nutritionist. Losing weight or gaining weight on your own is horrible for an athlete.

Since it's an off season, guys, you could vote for our lovely idiot in Sexysova's thread

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=470829
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote