TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old Nov 5th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #2431
country flag XTN

XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Anthropic View Post
Twenty-one points was all for Capriati in the 42-minute match...

Capriati wasn't devastated or anything afterward. How could she be? She never had a chance. "I couldn't breathe out there," Capriati said. "She was all over me. It was like she had an answer for everything." Graf had answers before Capriati could even come up with the questions. The answers: slice backhands so low that the net seemed to duck just so Graf's ball would float over; wicked forehands that seemed to be guided by some cruel radar that allowed the ball to only land on a line, the baseline, the sidelines, the service line, always on a line.
Wow, I would love to see this match. Just did a quick check in youtube and it isn't there. It isn't on John Pooley's list of matches either. Too bad.
XTN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote